Friday, October 7, 2011

Acupuncture: just one therapy in the system of Traditional Chinese Medicine

Acupuncture is but one of the therapies available in the system of medicine that is called Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Practitioners also offer Chinese herbal prescriptions, gua sha &/or tuina (both manual therapies), cupping, nutritional advice according to the theory of TCM and energetics of food, QiGong (I give all of my patients a QiGong CD in which I guide you through moving the qi through your body and storing it in your lower dantian/belly), take-home acupuncture tacks or bio-ceramic balls, and I am excited to announce that I will be adding cold laser as an energetic/electrical therapy for pain and cosmetic work soon! In CO, our title "licensed acupuncturist" does not reflect our full scope of the medical practice. It is a limiting title for those of us who practice a system of medicine rather than one therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment