Friday, August 12, 2011

Rolfing journal: session 2

Today was session 2: the feet - our base. Intense! Some of the work offers some discomfort - intense therapeutic sensations, let's say. Amanda and I have an agreement about not going above an 8 on the intensity scale. I said "8" maybe four times today so the work is therapeutic and (I think) tolerable. I wouldn't use the words "hurt" or "pain". Pain is a sensation over which we have little control and may not understand why it is occurring. The Rolfing sensations are "therapeutically intense". :o) During the sessions I am usually thinking about the acupuncture points or channels that are being treated. When Amanda worked on Kidney 1 (Yongquan, Rushing Spring) I could feel a real opening up toward my lower belly (our Mingmen Fire). I thought about what the Masters have said about Kidney 1 - when you put heat on K1 the qi will rise up to the digestion like it did when you were prepubescent. Who wouldn't want to have all of that young, vibrant energy again? So my feet were better in touch with the Earth after the session, posture better, AND Mingmen Fire refreshed (i.e., body centered). Back feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment