Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Nerve regeneration and acupuncture; it happens!

I always knew that acupuncture and Chinese Herbal prescriptions successfully treat conditions like neuropathy, post-stroke paralysis and speech issues; I have a patient whom I've helped smile again after a death defying motorcycle accident.
Here's a study that demonstrates neurogenesis as the result of acupuncture: Journal of Acup Meridian Study, 2011, Sept; 4(3): 153-158.
See an abstract of the study http://www.acupuncture.com/newsletters/m_nov11/res.htm. Remember though, this sort of result is not from one treatment. I never promise the "miracle cure" although sometimes it does happen. And for those who say "but I don't have to see my MD everyday" .... really? How many pharmaceutical prescriptions are you taking? In essence, that IS seeing your physician every day. You're just not physically going to his/her office. If you received acupuncture every day .... well, you wouldn't have to do that very long before seeing effects of treatment. That's my goal: treat you until your body can take over to a healthy state again. Start out w/ frequent treatment the wean off as you body begins to heal itself. Then, just come in for maintenance or when a symptom comes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment